Wednesday, May 19, 2010

finally...EasTeR

I know so many of you would say..."screw it" but one of these days when I get this blog printed into a book I will have this as a hardcopy...right? And I really wanted to get this Easter stuff off my chest-this year our Easter was a small celebration, we had a lot of fun, but I will have to say there were some parts that really...well lets just say...SUCKED!!!! For a couple reasons or maybe more...every year we have BIG Easter parties, dinners, hunts, laughing, almost peeing our pants! You know BIG!...not so this year.

REASON #1...my dad was in the hospital...yeah those silly doctors they don't even think about holidays-what the heck? He was in for Easter and Mothers day-anyways...on this Easter I truely thought that I may not ever see my dad again. This was the weekend that we almost lost him. So needless to say we (my side of the family) never got together for Easter. But we did witness an Easter miracle with my dad snapping out of his ordeal.

REASON #2...Mikes mom and dad wasn't here either!!! They were back in Ohio visiting Mike's sister.

REASON #3...it was conference weekend. The only good part of this was that we got to stay in our relaxing clothes all day.
REASON #4...my kids were SICK! so even if this year would have been like every other year, we probulary would not have went to the parties anyways!

but despite having Easter as just our little sick family...we had a BLAST! We all loved coloring eggs for the Easter Bunny. We waited until Mike got home from the Priesthood meeting-explains the white shirt:)
Abbie loved it so much, right after this picture she dumped the egg coloring all down the front of her-so she was pink for the night!
it is so much fun hunting for all the eggs and goodies that the Easter bunny brings...
Mason got some binos that he has been wanting!!! Yeah now he can spot that Elk that I drew out for:)
Marshal got his lawn mower that he had been eyeing at walmart every time we went there...

Abbie was just having fun scooting around finding all the eggs and her BIG pink ball.
and of course don't forget the outfits that he leaves...this is the highlight for Mason. Before we went to bed that night Mason was acting all sad, when I asked him what was wrong he said that he would only get a shirt this year. WHAT??? He said the Easter Bunny brings an outfit everyother year and he brought one last year-well thanks Easter Bunny for NOT disappointing my seven year old!~overall this Easter was pretty fun as our family. We missed all our extended family SO MUCH!!! But we did have a great time together:)

1 comment:

  1. Kids are so funny! And life always seems to keep us on our toes. Its inevitable. But I am glad that all in all, you were able to enjoy the little things through Easter. And I"m glad you were blessed with the Easter miracle with your dad getting better. If not anything else - those are super cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete