Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!!!

We had such a great new years night!!! My mom had her foot operated on tuesday so we took some goodies over to their house so they could count down the new year too! They boys and I spent most the day making these 2010 glasses for everyone to wear...
We had friends and family over. We ate ALL night and into the morning, we played games, we laughed, the boys jumped on bubble wrap to bring in the new year, we had a BLAST!!! We stayed up until 3am...
I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late! So our friends left around 3 in the morning, Mike and I got to bed, Marshal was awake at 3:3oam and then again at 5am, Abbie was up at 5:30am for the day! So I have NO clue why I am still up posting about new years (maybe a little cRaZy!)
on another note...

Karen Thurgood Larsen
4-21-55 to 12-28-09

Tonight Mike, myself and my dad went to my dads cousins funeral. We drove up to Mtn Green and was able to see some family members that we usually don't see. It really hit me when I hugged my second cousin Haley and realized that she no longer has her mom to "hang out" with. I am so lucky to have my mom and dad to be able to HANG OUT with both of them. I love every little moment my kids get to be with them. I know they think I am crazy because I am always taking pictures. But these pictures are so priceless to me. Thanks daddy for letting Mike and I go to Karens viewing with you...and for giving me the whole family history lesson on our drive. (it was me asking all the questions)

3 comments:

  1. Loved the glasses! What a fun idea! Glad you guys had a fun New Year's Eve. You guys have darling kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as usual....you are so creative my friend! I remember the last time you stayed up that late....remember salsa!? I think we were up until 4 am!! We'll just sleep when we're dead, right!? LOL! Looks like you had an awesome New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to you to create 2010 glasses for everyone. I wish I could be as creative as you. Really. Oh, and I'm digging your snowflake on your door as well. Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete